Friday, October 06, 2006

Dude, you’re standing on my nerve!

My list of people/things I can’t stand just keeps getting longer and longer.

PEST #1: A guy I know has this knack for getting on that special nerve of mine every time I come face to face with him. Makes me want to punch the living daylights out of him and then cut him into tiny pieces and feed ’em to the dogs. Generally, I’m quite an easygoing person but when people decide to stretch the definition of ‘freeloading’ a little too far for my comfort, that’s the part where I seriously loose my cool.

Home is the place where I expect some privacy, some me-time. When a person barges into my room, unannounced, more than twice in a single frigging day, wondering if he could use my computer/ check his emails/ chat online or borrow some books/ DVDs, I find that awfully annoying. And when that person repeats the same routine for an entire frigging week, I’d say this pest is really really pushing his luck a bit too far.

If I suddenly stop updating my blog, pray for me. I think I might be implicated for manslaughter any day now.

PEST #2: I’m not a tightwad; really I’m not! And I don’t mind loaning cash to buddies when they’re skint. Hell, I might even flash a fake smile while handing them my hard-earned cash when I know fully well that I’ll never be getting that cash back. That’s just one of the many downsides of having friends I guess ;) But when I find out my cash is being used to sustain someone else’s drug habit, I see red. Need cash to do drugs? Earn your own fucking money, dude! You ain’t getting none from me! Period.

PEST #3: People who don’t call, don’t mail, pull a vanishing act and suddenly return to the face of the earth expecting friends to be nice and understanding to them whenever ‘they’ are in need! Who do they think we are, the prodigal son’s old pop? Pretty similar to Pest #2, the only difference being this kind mooch off on an emotional level. Why don’t they just crawl back to whatever stone they were hiding under all these years!

PEST #4: I find know-it-alls who can’t keep their trap shut extremely annoying. Especially when they pretend to understand things they don’t know a shit about, try to put in their two cent on every subject being discussed, and – this is important – expect us to listen to their bullshit! Just recently, I had the misfortune of making the acquaintance of an incredibly annoying lady who suffers from incessant verbal diarrhea. Her latest observation on music – Papa Roach sounds like Iron Maiden! WTF! Somebody, pass me that duct tape.


Okay, that was therapeutic!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kay Vee said...

LOL
nice read
;-)

October 11, 2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

I was just venting out - just one of those days, y'know *Silly Grin*
Hey, thanks for dropping by.

October 11, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Karchoong said...

After I read JUST the first paragraph, I was wondering if that person could be me, but then i counted the number of times I came to your place, and i breathed a sigh!!!!!!!!! Phew! Abo dekhi mood thik chhaina bhaney agadi nai bhana hai, jiskiney bhool pani gardina!

October 22, 2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Is that why you've not yet dropped by to pick up that CD?? LOL!

October 22, 2006 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey S.Bir here.. wonder if you remember. My disaterous stint at journalismo. But I remeber the brief time at midweek.It was a phase that existed. I dont know, I just read your stuff.. I felt inspired to do something quickly, before I turn into a frekin feather jacket here in Gangtok.There was a band playing in a restaurant last week. The guitarist was so bad. And I kept thinking, I should not be discouraging... fuck they were bad..And then your inability to review the local band...
I hope I not intruding,how have you been. ....

January 23, 2007 10:43 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Hey B! Good to see you drop by my nest :)

Just before leaving Gangtok, I also had the misfortune of going to a restaurant to see an 'upcoming' band play. Hell, I can't believe it myself that I actually paid 'entry fee' to subject myself to that sonic monstrosity!

But then, even though such bands suck, they atleast provide us with some fodder to crib about, don't they? ;)

One more thing - don't turn into a feather jacket, just wear one. Will keep you warm during this cold, cold Gangtok winter :p

January 24, 2007 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home