Friday, August 18, 2006

Rockstar: Supernova ~ Week Seven

WAS THAT THE FINAL EXPLOSION?
So Zayra’s finally out of the competition. I should be rejoicing now that my prayers have finally been answered but I’m not. After that vomit-inducing Clark-Jason-Tommy-Dilana performance last night on the elimination show, I now have more respect for Zayra than all of them combined. Zayra at least remained true to herself till the end.

Supernova’s first performance with Dilana last night was the cheesiest shit, I tell you! Not that I was taking this whole Supernova thing too seriously, but c’mon, I was expecting something slightly better from these veterans. And Dilana gyrating on stage with four leather-clad female dancers, WTF was that? Shame on you, Gilby Clark, for chastising Jill Gioia for ‘humping’ you and then gleefully being a part of a lesbian sex fantasy!

And Dave Navarro! When will that guy stop being such a suck up? Every time someone from Supernova gets on stage, he’s all ready to offer his ass. And when he told Dilana this week on performance night that her rendition of Harry Chaplin’s Cats In The Cradle gave him the chills, he made me wonder if the air conditioning was the real reason behind the ‘chills’. The performance was alright, but it was no where near great. The only time Dilana gave me the goosebumps was during her Lithium performance. So Dave, do anything, play with your nipple rings if you want, but just stop overrating people just because they have a huge fan following! And Dilana, you’re no longer my favourite even though it’s pretty obvious the gig’s already yours.

Currently on my top three list:
# 01. Lukas: Sang Hero by Nickelback and did a great job though Jason was not too impressed with Lukas’ clinching delivery. I liked what he did with the song though; with all that rawness and edge, he took the song away from the Chad Kroeger arena and made it his own.

# 02. Magni: I seriously do not understand how did this guy land in the bottom three? I admit I’m not a huge David Bowie fan but Magni did a great job on the performance night with Starman. And he totally blew me away with his intense performance of Radiohead’s Creep during the elimination show. Hate to admit it but he did a better job at giving the song soul, depth and emotion and showcasing his vocal prowess than Lukas did with the same song last week.

#03. Ryan: Mr. Intensity earned his second encore of the season for his stellar performance of Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight. He blasted it out, doing the song with a whole lot of passion. I’m beginning to like this guy.

The Remaining Performances:
Toby: Talk about commitment and Toby’s naked butt comes to mind! His running around the pool naked to land a gig with Gilby was hilarious. As for his performance, the guy did a decent job with Peter Gabriel’s Salisbury Hill. I liked the bongo part. Toby’s a nice guy but he clearly fades in comparison to Lukas and Magni.

Storm: A hung-over choice of a disco song ultimately resulted in Storm hitting an all time low on Rock Star stage. I still like the girl though. She’s not a fake. And I love the way this girl handles pressure.

Patrice: She has been a bottom three regular and her performance of Message in a Bottle gave her the ‘sting’ again this week. She has talent, no doubt about that, but… If she manages to land in the bottom three again next week, she’ll get the hatchet for sure.

Zayra: I can’t believe I’m saying this but I liked her idea of going down doing her own stuff. Even found myself liking her performance of her Spanish song.

That's it for this week. Stay tuned for next week's recap – that is if Supernova does not completely piss me off the show with another cheesy performance. In that case, this might be my last Supernova post.

And before I sign off, here're an animated Dilana avatar I'd made recently. I know there are quite a number of Dilana fans out there; so feel free to use it if you like it. Here's one of my favourite contestant Lukas' too, though I don't think any of my fellow bloggers like ol' Chucky. Ah, never mind!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerusha said...

Bird - good to have you back on board! :-) Okay, one smile's enough, someone who don't like Toby's performance last night deserves none, in fact! A Peter Gabriel song has never sounded so good! I'm with you 101% on Dilana's Cat in the cradle though..if there was anything goose-bump-inducing on that, I missed it. And what the hell was with the dancers???? That was so un-rocker-like! I kind of liked Zayra's crazy song too. Magni, Magni, Magni - I'm all for this guy! Storm - NO like, Ryan - NO like, nothing they do touches me.

August 18, 2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Thanks Sundancer. So I take it you’re smitten by the Iceman and the Aussie, huh? Oh, wasn’t Magni magnificent in his rendition of Creep! As for Toby, he’s all yours :p

August 19, 2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Diddley said...

The shows getting a lil bit boring for meh! i kinda m beginning to like RYAN STAR ;), for making philly and R.E.M song's sound so powerful, even more than the original,Period!!!

Dilana...wat happened? she does have a good voice but i dont think she`s actually right for the band, her high pitches aint so high... and when it comes to ROCK...u difinitely need the high of the high`s.

Lukas... still a fav!!!

Patrice - i wish she was the next to leave.... she just doesn`t appeal to meh!!! and her almost humble attitude makes me sick!!

Storm large - Almost like her, but not quite yet...

Zayra - Interesting!! She`ll make any show work on Television!!! she will be MISSED!!

Magni - great vocal cords!!!

Toby - doesnt impress me much, even eith the uncensored butt!! just a regular guy with a voice.

DAVE- I wonder how long he takes to put his make up on !!! hehe

JASON- i just love the way he gives his judgement, he is so into it, with all his hands and facial expression... cho very cute!!

Gilby - too decent! kinda scary!!

Tommy lee - what is the first think that comes to mind? Pemala Anderson ..hic hic.

mockingbird - i admire the religious reviews of the show, makes the show interesting and yes... tommy, gilby and jason ..they owe you big time!!!

@Sundancer - Choose any rockstar, get one free. And if they have any wife (ehems magni) waiting for em, we`ll drive em away!!! :)

me- thanks to the sikkimese lady here for giving me a platform to be so critically insane !! :)

Life is good, Drink Pani!

August 21, 2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Diddley, am glad to know I’m not the only one who likes Lukas. Lukas was, is and will be my fav. rocker on the show.

The Iceman - He's so cool, he’s hot!

Ryan – initially I felt he was faking all that intensity to come across as a ‘serious’ rocker but now I’ve changed my mind post Losing My Religion.

Thought Dilana was hot but apparently she is not. A schemer and a bigmouthed bitch who can’t write songs for shit. I definitely don’t like her anymore.

@ tommy, gilby and jason ..they owe you big time – Yeah, dump the show and hand me the lead gig already ;)

And Diddley, there are better things to drink than Pani :p

Btw, love your insane critical review.

August 23, 2006 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home