Thursday, July 20, 2006

Week Three ~ Judgment Day

From Dr. Feelgood to Hatchet Man? Quite a transition there, don’t you think? Anyway, I feel sorry for Tommy Lee. It’s been three weeks in a row that the world has witnessed Lee doing a balancing act between retaining his badass status and playing the butcher-cum-nurse to the unlucky contestants. Must be so confusing for him. Give the guy a break before he reaches his breaking point. We seriously don’t need another blabbering, slobbering Paula Abdul on the show. Why can’t Gilby Clark or Jason Newstead take the honour of wielding the axe sometimes? Why heap the entire unpleasant task on Tommy all the time? Tommy, I empathise.

Before I go any further, I seriously need to know this: what kind of people actually like Zayra’s singing and vote to keep her on the show? I can’t believe she wasn’t in the bottom three! I remember one of the guys on the judges’ table say this to one of the contestants – “The idea is to have character, not make a character out of yourself.” Where the hell was Zayra when this was being said? And I’m also kinda surprised that Magni got the encore tonight.

Keeping in mind the above comments I just made, I gotta ask one more question. Is there something wrong with my ears? Or have a good portion of the reality-show watching population gone deaf?

Okay, back to business. In the bottom three this week: Jenny Galt, Dana and Josh Logan. No heartbreaks there for me. So what did the rockers sing tonight to save their asses? Read on if you missed the show.

Jenny’s pick for tonight was Stone Temple Pilot’s Vaseline. It was a weak performance, and her voice lacked the edge. It was obvious that Jenny was giving her all to make it work; however, her best wasn’t good enough.

Next on was sweet little Dana. Seems like all the criticisms from the judges and fellow contestants did this girl some good. I finally saw her rocking with some obscure ‘underground’ song. Major improvement. Having said that, I don’t think she’s gonna be here much longer. You either have it or you don’t. And you can’t keep on the act of being someone you are not forever.

Gawd, no! That’s what I said when Josh stubbornly announced he was gonna do another Nirvana number. Is he trying to prove something here by doing Nirvana covers two nights in a row? This better be good. And guess what, he did a pretty neat job with Heart Shaped Box. Okay, Josh I forgive you for last night’s massacre of Come As You Are. Your balls are safe... for now. But I got one question for you – how long can you keep forcing that rasp out of your larynx? I foresee a serious case of laryngitis coming on here.

So no prizes for guessing who went home. Yup. Jenny Galt and her Les Paul. Back to Canada.

But how come Zayra was not even in the bottom three! What the hell is wrong with these people! Hey, wait, I’m feeling sleepy! What the hell is right with me tonight?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jerusha said...

Told ya! The world has turned upside down, everything's hayware! Bird sleepy? And it's not even midnight yet!! Somebody pinch me!
Nice post there though..kind of saved the night..somewhat! Next time the cable goes pft! I'll shoot myself. Can't depend on Bird to keep one up to date forever!

July 20, 2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Sundancer, if you mean shooting with your camera then I'm alright with your idea ;)

Btw, Sundancer watching / reading about about a reality TV show? Now somebody pinch me!! :p

July 21, 2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger virgochhas said...

hey Sundancer...i wonder wat language will be used in ur Star World's Supernova wen the cable comes back :P :D

all the best...

bird...wat happened to ur predictionz of Zayra getting the boot...

:)

July 21, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

haha yeah somebody swore Zayra will be out this week... and she wasnt even in the bottom three. hyuk hyuk hyuk!!! :)

July 21, 2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Okay people, my crystal ball is going out with the trash now ;) May be people voting for Zayra are doing so for comic relief. If that’s the case, I gotta say this – those people got a pathetic sense of humour.

Now repeat after me: Zayra must go! Zayra must go! :p

July 21, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

You know how to bring back the preciseness back into your crystal ball? Come online at gtalk more often and I'll tell you :-)

July 21, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Jerusha said...

I may not be a big fan of A.I/reality shows in general but the rock stars, that's different. I didn't miss a single episode of rock star INXS. But Supernova, thanks to the brilliant Telegu telecommunications sytem, I have missed more than I have watched.

July 21, 2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

Sundancer is getting Supernova on her cable, but the only problem is, it is dubbed in telegu. Should have listened to the telegu version of "Runaway train" :-)

July 22, 2006 7:54 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

@ Sundancer - You can download the performance/ elimination night videos from supernovafans.com

@ Illusionaire - LMAO at 'Supernova in Telegu'

July 22, 2006 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home