Thursday, July 13, 2006

Supernova ~ Two Down, 13 To Go

So who got the least number of votes this week on Rockstar: Supernova? Oh, I know the answer to that one: it was Gill Gioia, Chris Pierson and Zayra Alvarez. And who eventually was sent back home? Chris Pierson.

Ahh… Seems to me I’m losing my touch! I’d said in my previous post it would be Zayra to get the boot this week, followed by Chris Pierson. Obviously it was a small miscalculation on my part because Chris Pierson got the royal boot, not that strange thing in black.

Jill redeemed herself this time with Evanescence's Bring Me To Life and I even found myself forgiving her for yesterday’s Courtney Love debacle. I know I got a big heart. Apparently so do Super-dinosaurs; they let Gill off the hook first.

So what does Zayra have this time to redeem herself? The Kinks’ You Really Got Me, the same song she performed the night before! Can you believe that? Well, neither could I until I saw her do it one more time. Only she made it sound even worse, if that’s possible going by what she did to the song last night.

Chris decided it was the perfect time to show Tommy Lee & Co. his ‘other side’ and sang Tonic’s If You Can Only See. Well, the rockers obviously saw whatever there was to see and obviously didn’t like what they saw. So they sent him packing. Last night, Chris had sang Take Me Out and the voters had obliged. A perfect case of imperfect song selection skills, don’t you think?

Performance-wise, Zayra deserved to pack her bags, and her diapers. This girl seriously has no idea what she’s doing here. But the unholy trinity decided to keep her one more week. They know they’ll be letting her go next week; they know she sucked tonight as well but they kept her just to watch her make an ass of herself one more time next week. Sadistic old jerks!

As the dinosaurs went through their expected “Hey buddy, we love you so much but still someone has to go, so this week it’s you” routine with Chris, I was thinking “Never take for granted the horniness factor when it comes to pretty girls and aging rockers”. I don’t mean to be rude but I’m sure it was Zayra’s ‘willingness to learn’ that saved her from elimination, at least for one more week. First she tries to make amends for her last night’s comments. Then she brings the whore on and tells the guys “You can teach me”! What a suck up! And I mean that figuratively as well as literally!

No, I wasn’t sorry to see Chris go, though he’d done a better job than Zayra. I’m just sorry I’ll have to watch that girl rape and murder another song next week.

8 Comments:

Blogger virgochhas said...

i wish Zayra won't go next week...

just so that i can have a chance of another interesting read...

:)

still have'nt seen the show

:((

July 14, 2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

I don't know why they keep on going with the damn show when its obvious Toby Rand is going to be the one. The girls not just love him, but the guys feel he fits in best with the likes of Tommy, Jason and Gilby. Anybody who have listened to these bands will tell u Toby is right at home with these guys. He's gonna win anyway so plz stop the show :-)

Check out my new "I vote for Toby" banner on my blog.

@ virgo: Muah ha ha!!!! Delhi sux. Come down to mumbai *wink*

July 14, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger virgochhas said...

@ illusionaire - don't try to flirt with me wherever u see me...

muaaaahahahhahahha

July 14, 2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

@ virgo: Don't try to see me whenever you feel like flirting...

muahahahaha

July 14, 2006 7:10 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

@ Virg - As much as I hate to disappoint you, Zayra must go or I'll stop watching the show ;)

@ Illusionaire - Come to think of it, does it really matter who wins? Supernova is a band of aging rockers whose last 15 minutes of fame will probably end with the last episode of the show :p

July 15, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

Blasphemy!!!! By "aging rockers whose last 15mins of fame will end with the episode", if you meant Tommy, Jason and Gilby, then I swear to God I'll roast u alive. Man I grew up on the music of those guys and their music will live within me as long as I live. Had I never listened to those guys, I would have lost the urge to live a long time ago.

Rock forevaaaaaaa!!!!

July 15, 2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

I don’t really like the idea of being roasted alive but yes, by ‘aging rockers’ I did mean Tommy Lee & Co. I agree they made great music, sold records, went platinum, toured the world and were looked up to by every [would-be] rocker worth their salt. But seriously, do you think this Supernova thing's gonna work? Going by the trend, bands consisting of former members of other successful bands have never lasted. Will Supernova reverse that trend?

July 15, 2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

Yes they will!!!!!! :-)

July 15, 2006 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home