Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rockstar: Supernova ~ Week Four Elimination

I say what the fuck! Did they just choose Zayra over Phil? I know both of them would be going home any day now but at least there should be a rule or something here which says contestants should be made to go home according to how bad they suck that particular week.

At the bottom three this week were Patrice, Zayra and Phil. If you recall my previous post, my pick for this week's bottom three were Josh, Zayra, Patrice, and Storm my choice for the encore. I think I’m getting better at this. *wink* But what beats me is why the hell was Josh not in the bottom three!

Last night Patrice was told by Dave Navarro that her performances were getting to be quite boring, and I found myself agreeing totally with Dave. But tonight, for the first time in this competition, I actually liked what Patrice did with Radiohead’s My Iron Lung. A tough song to score but she did a neat job. And that scream at the end was awesome! After that performance, it was pretty much obvious that she was going back to the safe zone. And she did.

Gilby Clark told Zayra last night she was totally pop, which is not what the band wanted. After finding herself at the bottom three once again, Zayra picked I’m Not an Addict by K’s Choice [a song ignorant me had never heard before]. As a preface to her performance, she announced, “I’m a music addict.” I say, send her to a friggin' rehab already. The song’s mellow as they come, her diction was poor and her performance nothing to write home about. Since she didn’t “bring the rock”, which Supernova so badly wants the contestants to do, I was pretty much sure she was going home tonight.

From day one, Jason has been repeatedly telling Phil to go heavy when he is clearly an alt-rock guy. So Phil went heavy tonight with Smoking Umbrellas by Failure – I’ve to admit I’d never heard of the band before, let alone their music – and he did a pretty good job. This was the heaviest he’d ever been on the show. After Phil’s performance, I even let out a premature sigh of relief, pretty much confident tonight was the last we’d have to see of Zayra. But what happened next was totally unexpected.

The band questioned Phil’s motives, if he really wanted to be a part of the band or just win the competition, and on that flimsy ground they gave the guy the boot! That left me questioning the band’s integrity. Isn’t it ironic that Supernova wants the contestants to do ‘their’ kind of music [whatever their kind of music is!]; and when the band’s advice is taken by the contestants, their motives are questioned and they are rewarded with elimination!

Isn’t it so very obvious they kept Zayra because she keeps the show interesting with her verbal sparring with the Supernova guys and also with her weird wardrobe selection! Now whose motives should I be questioning?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

quote.:Isn’t it so very obvious they kept Zayra because she keeps the show interesting with her verbal sparring with the Supernova guys and also with her weird wardrobe selection!:.unquote

WORD!!!

July 28, 2006 5:42 AM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Thank god, at least someone agrees with me on this :)

July 28, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Diddley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 28, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Diddley said...

Zayra, she belongs to a totally diff world, kinda reminds me of Xena (hehe) and that sticking tight blue outfit..man, i admire her coz i wuldnt have the guts to wear it in this lifetime haha. but all in all, she`s one of a kind lol.

I kinda liked Phil and his shaky doppy head, but all is well coz sooner or later it was gonna be his time and sure Zayra will follow.

I think the whole thing about questioning Phil`s motive was just another way of sayin, okie you can go but we`ll keep Zayra for another week coz we'd like to see more of her rediculous wardrode!!!

July 28, 2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger virgochhas said...

watched it...*phew*

the moment Phil got the boot, i was like 'shit i wish i haf birds number'

since i dont, i messaged Kima...and we both started bitching bout Zayra...

her performance last ntie was boring and she sure haf a weird sense of fashion...

bird, wen will she be eliminated? :P *not trying to be sarcastic here* lolz

July 28, 2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

Yeah even I wanted to message u as soon as the hatchet fell on Phil and not Zayra. But then, just like virgo, I didnt have ur number... *hint hint*

But this is turning out to be some really funny shit, the fact that Zayra just cant seem to go. LoLz... I think this is some marketing ploy by the Producers, u know, as it is becoming more entertaining to see that Zayra is still alive n kicking. Hahaha. Her nine lives are almost over.

July 28, 2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

@ Diddley - When it comes to weird OTT wardrobe, Zayra is the undisputed queen. I hope I don't catch you running around in a full body latex suit ;)

@ Virg - I'm not giving you my number lady because I still remember what you'd written at Baldy's blog. I'm not much of a hyena fan :p

@ Illusionaire - QUOTE :: this is some marketing ploy by the Producers :: UNQUOTE
I totally agree with you on that.
Oh, and by the way, I'd love to give you my number but then Virg would be pretty mad - wouldn't she? - thinking I'm playing favourites :p

July 28, 2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger Jerusha said...

Zayra sucked, but I was positive Phil would go home. "...I really want/wanted to WIN this.." over and over, even after the band made it very clear that 'wanting to "win"' was not what they wanted to hear. Dumb, dumb, dumb!
Go home and find something else to win. He deserved it!

July 29, 2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home