Saturday, July 08, 2006

I’ve Had A Bad Day

Do you have the time to listen to me whine - about nothing and everything all at once? I am one of those melodramatic fools, neurotic to the bone no doubt about it

This Green Day number pretty much sums up my current state of mind. I am pissed; sure as hell I’m pissed. Though good sense tells me to stop right now, just stop whining, I can’t, try as I might. Anyway, what good is a keeping a journal if I can't vent out.

The day started off bad. My digital audio player slipped from my hand and went kaput! Just like that! To add insult to injury, the butterfingers syndrome struck again and I dropped my recently bought [and prized] Wolverine Giant Super Special issue and broke its spine. Now the cover’s come off and the book has disintegrated into several pieces.

To ruin the day further, someone told me that I wasn’t very good at what I do best. Incidentally, the person who told me this is not-very-good-at pretty much everything. And while an acid-tongue is not going to make me feel inadequate – I know my own strengths and weaknesses damn well – I do not appreciate people taking liberties with my patience.

If imitation is the best form of flattery then I’m feeling like a celebrity – please note the sarcasm here. As if I wasn’t feeling irritated already, I was told today that some punk ass has been posing as me, which sounds to me like a serious case of identity crisis! Normally, I’m a pretty reasonable person, willing to overlook a few character flaws in people. But today is definitely not normal. And on a day like today, I refuse to find as normal some anonymous person emailing people – those I particularly do not care to keep in touch with – in my name!

Now how irritating is that!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jerusha said...

Pretty darned irritating! :D
Seems like there's a flu-like thing going around these days, the spoil-every-good-girl's-day flu!
Chin up, bird. This flu shall pass!

July 09, 2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

awwweeeeee... here... my very big hugsy hugsy.... muaah muaah muaah...

Lemme dedicate this song to you to make you feel better. Its by Daniel Powter called "Bad Day"

Where is the moment when we need it the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue sky's faded to grey
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carrying on

You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces every time
And I don't need no carrying on

[chorus]
Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carrying on

[chorus]

Sometimes the system goes on the blink and the whole thing it turns out
Wrong
You might not make it back and you know that you could be well oh that
Strong
Well I'm not wrong

So where is the passion when you need it the most
Oh you and I
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost

[chorus]

July 09, 2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Thanks Sundancer. If only we had an antidote to this irritating flu :'(

Thanks for the song and baby talk, Illusionaire. I like that song and that Daniel Powter fellow too. That guy does wear some cool headgear. Speaking of which, it makes me wonder if he’s bald. Because men who are not do not insist on keeping their caps on at all times, now do they!

July 09, 2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger Diddley said...

daniel powter and a bald head..somethin to think about hehe!

July 10, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that Daniel Powter is bald. What else could explain his 'hats on at all times' rule? Perpetual Bad [Hair] Day? Lolz!

July 11, 2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger virgochhas said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 11, 2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger virgochhas said...

hold on gurlz...i think i can see a faint colour of the rainbow spanning the horizon right after the storm...

and Gawd...it IS beautiful...

:)

July 11, 2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home