Sunday, June 04, 2006

An Insomniac’s Rant

There are things that keep me awake at night – work and good books/movies. And sometimes it’s just plain raging anger that makes me somewhat insomniac. What angers me? The list is quite long but it would suffice to say here that invasion of my privacy features pretty high up on that list.

Last night, someone did just that; someone barged into my personal space without my knowledge. What pains me more is the person in question is an old dear friend who should have known better than to try and pull off such stunt.

I respect the relationships I share with all my friends; I respect their privacy, their secrets. And I expect the same in return. Last night, a friend violated that trust. I’m angry. And I need to vent out, get this anger out of my system, get my bearings together, calm down and concentrate on my work.

But it’s easier said than done. My concentration power has taken a hike; I’ve been reading the same page for the last two hours. As far as venting out is concerned, shouting at or fighting with this friend is not an option simply because I know such outbursts will not make the situation any better. I thought I’d rant and bitch on this blog. But try as I might I can’t really bitch about this friend; it just doesn’t feel right. Well, because I guess a friend is a friend is a friend after all.

So what do I do? Maybe I’ll just sulk around for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mizohican said...

awweeee.... you must be feeling terrible right now...

even though we don't know each other personally, hope this helps.

(spread arms wide open...)

hugsy hugsy...

feeling better?

June 08, 2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

That's so sweet of you :) Thanx

June 08, 2006 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home