Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hostile Takeover

When it comes to updating my blog, my track record isn’t exactly flawless. There are times when you can’t update your blog and there are times when you just can’t update your blog. The latter is the reason you’re noticing some gaps between posts this time.

Sometimes I don’t post anything new out of sheer laziness, sometimes it’s due to lack of inspiration, sometimes it’s due to erratic power supply and sometimes it’s that pop-up window on my PC screen that says ‘Cannot Contact Server’ that’s to blame. This time it’s all of the above – and more.

Sunday I didn’t post simply because I didn’t want to. But Monday was another day and I was already going through blogging withdrawals, but then it was fate’s wish that I was to go cold turkey.

Okay, if I were to throw politeness to the wind, I’d say there’s been a hostile takeover of my PC by a family friend. The guy says there’s something seriously wrong with his PC – PDFs don’t download and in rare cases when they do, they won’t open; a certain freeware he just read about somewhere [I’m sure it’s full of spyware] and downloaded won’t run on his system; and to drive in the final nail in his PC’s coffin, his internet connection’s gone with the thunder and lightning! So now that his PC’s practically useless, he’s spending quality time with mine. And – would you believe it – he’s even downloaded that shady freeware in my PC! If the system crashes, he’s getting the bill for sure.

Yesterday evening, I finally had this beauty all to myself. But my happiness was short-lived. I booted the PC only to realise that my internet connection too had gone with the wind, the thunder and the lightning!


Then today, the seize over my PC continued almost the entire day again. And when I finally got to get my hands on it, realisation dawned – server's down yet again! And that too till 11.30 pm! Just when I was about to holler 'Is there any justice in the world?', the answer was staring me in the eye. The connection was back on the track, with the network connection icon on the system tray winking its eye at me, as if we were sharing a naughty secret. Oh, the little things in life that bring us joy!

I know this post is not making much sense but ecstasy never made sense any way. And that’s the mental state I’m in right now – ecstatic! I know I’ll get over this excitement by tomorrow and may be I’ll post something sane here.

2 Comments:

Blogger virgochhas said...

i do hope dat family frend of urs wont read this post :)

May 04, 2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Jerusha said...

My connection goes down every time it rains, without fail - heavy downpours, slight drizzle..every damn time! I shudder to think that monsoon will be here soon. Respite from the heat, yeah, that'd be more than welcome, but I don't need any 'respite' from the internet..

May 04, 2006 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home