Saturday, May 20, 2006

Check this out, bub!

I just realised I tend to obsess over things I like. I know some of you are yet to recover from my 'Chris-obsessed' bloggings but you ain't seen nothing yet, bub. It’s Wolverine-fest now!

But before you proceed any further, let me warn you: this post is meant strictly for hard-core Wolverine fans. Okay, bub, follow me now.

With X-3 slated for release next week, I've been reading a lot of X-Men/Wolverine comic books and digging up my old comic book collection too. But the problem here in our part of the world is we don't get all the issues and end up missing on a lot of action. For instance, until recently, I had no idea that Magneto, the ultimate nemesis of the X-Men, had once stripped Wolverine of adamantium in his body [and all this time, I was wondering why Wolvie was going around wearing bandages on his knuckles in some of the issues].
Our bub here later on finds out that the adamantium laced onto his skeletal frame is actually poisonous and is hindering him from making optimum use of his healing factor. If you didn’t know that, now you do, thanks to yours truly and wikipedia, which enlightened me on this subject.

Here’s another site that's got the Wolverine Files. I bumped into it late last night, and it’s got pages upon pages of info on our hairy 5’3 anti-hero. [No points for guessing this particular site is my current hangout :) ] God bless internet. Well, today’s post was intended just for sharing this amazing site. I’m generous, aint i? **wink**

By the way, Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine in all three X-Men flicks, is 6’2! But then, most artists also steer clear of painting our dear ol’ Wolvie as a vertically challanged super-hero. Now he looks almost as tall as Cyclops & Co. in most of the books! Have you guys noticed that?

As for me, these days, I’ve been keeping my fingers and toes crossed, hoping and wishing that Marvel does what it did last time during X-2’s release – bring out an official X-3 movie comic book adaptation! I hope the gods of the Marvel Universe are listening to my prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger virgochhas said...

can't wait to see 'the last stand'

hey lady, those links are great...

May 23, 2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

those links are great

Told you so ;)

May 23, 2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger virgochhas said...

bleh! :P :D

May 24, 2006 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home