Monday, April 24, 2006

I don't wanna be a Superhero


I got bitten by an itsy-bitsy irradiated spider today, just as I was coming out from the shower! Where – you don’t need to know that. Anyways, following that close encounter of unwanted kind with the tiny arachnid, I’ve been feeling strange all day. I got fever, and I’ve been getting sick too.

Okay, I admit I’ve been throwing up since 3 am - hours before I got in touch with the little bugger - most probably because I ate fish last night, which, it turns out, I’m allergic to. So what if I was trying to make the whole stuff sound a little more interesting! I mean Peter Parker got his powers after he got bitten by an irradiated spider, right? And you’d rather read about genetically altered spiders than your common garden spiders, right? Right? Right?

But come to think of it, I wouldn’t want to be a vigilante superhero. I mean that’s such an unappreciated job. Allow me to elaborate just a tiny bit. First: They are overworked and underpaid… and in some cases not paid at all and are forced to take up lousy day jobs, barring a certain Bruce Wayne from Gotham City. Second: Look at Spider-man, X-Men and most of the comic book superheroes. They save the world and at the end of the day, what do they get – boos and jeers! Now that has got to suck big time! Plus, I don’t think I’d look great running around the neighbourhood dressed in bright colourful tights. And I have no intention of getting arrested by the fashion police.

Besides, how can you take a guy seriously who goes around wearing blue and red full body tights! A certain Uncle Ben once said: “With great power must also come great responsibility”. And if colourful tights come as a part of that great responsibility, I’m paying a late visit to the hospital to flush out the toxin from my system
left behind by Spider-Man’s far cousin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerusha said...

If gladly don a super-heroine mask if it's gonna make me look good in spandex..
As of now, it's illegal for common folks like us to even own them, much less put them on.

April 25, 2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger virgochhas said...

c'monn... it wont be dat look

thrz lotsa them (read storm of X-Men, Cat-Woman etc.) tho look gud in their super heroine attire...

anywayz...da best about dem lot is da flying part...

i wud love to be able to fly...

hehehhe

April 25, 2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Okay, it's decided then - Spandex full-body suits for Sundancer & Virg on their respective birthdays :p

April 25, 2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home