Saturday, July 15, 2006

Blocked out of my own blog!

It feels like being locked out of your own place. Since last evening, I cannot access any of the blogs on blogspot, including my own. Every time I enter a URL ending with blogspot.com, all I get is a ‘Request Timed Out’ message.

With panic mode instantly on, I hoped and prayed it wasn’t virus running rampant in my PC. Then followed a thorough virus scan. A ‘No virus found’ message flashed on the screen and the panic mode was auto turned off. After yet another fruitless attempt, I felt unjustly denied access to my own multi-purpose blog, so I put on war paint and entered the forums.

Seems like I’m not the lone warrior. A lot of people, all from India have the same complaint – they can go to blogger.com, log in, get to the dashboard, create new post and publish. The only problem’s they can’t view their own blog or any other blog on blogspot.

There are even speculations that the Indian “
government might be playing some hanky panky with blog sites”, which is funny keeping in mind that I keep getting comments on my posts from fellow bloggers living elsewhere in India. If the Ministry of Communications had indeed issued a directive to block the blog sites as some bloggers are claiming, wouldn’t they ensure that it was a blanket block!

Thus far, no one really seems to know what’s going on. But to be forced to use anonymous proxy servers just to view our own blogs – now that’s frustrating!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mockingbird, it seems only a few ISPs have this problem. You can use www.hidemyass.com to access any blogspot site.

July 15, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Hey, thanks a lot. I've been using ninjaproxy.com but there are still some problems, like for example, I can't use the smilies on my shoutbox and I can't see the digital clock just above it. I'll check out the proxy you've recommended. Thanks again :)

July 15, 2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

Yeah here in Mumbai too certain ISPs like MTNL have blocked blogspot sites but not Sify. You can also access blogspot site through http://pkblog.com

July 15, 2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Thanks Illusionaire. Had tried http://pkblog.com before settling on ninjaproxy.com but there's some image display prob with the former. www.hidemyass.com also doesn't display pix from photobucket it seems.

July 15, 2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Mizohican said...

well if u try to "hide your ass", naturally it wont go thru. the internet community wont accept someone to hide such natural beauty. Hence stop trying "hidemyass" and stick to "pkblog". :-)

July 15, 2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger sathish said...

theres another alternative to access blogs which is through www.shysurfer.com

am unable to access blogs from hidemyass.com & pkblogs.com from yesterday night

July 18, 2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger MockingBird said...

Thanks Sathish. Will certainly give it a try. Btw, does anyone know what the hell is going on???

July 18, 2006 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home